Here at Wheelism we provide bike hire across the mid-Wales and North-Wales area.
We are proud to present our fleet of Kona Mountain Bikes which we hire out from our base near Dolgellau in North Wales. We use Kona because they are great bikes from a great company. (My first ever MTB was a Kona Explosif and I’ve been an avid fan ever since – Steve) They’re robust, handle well, and come equipped with reliable components from the likes of Shimano and Rockshox.
Kona Fire Mountain, Kona Mahuna, and Kona Blast
Kona Fire Mountain, Kona Blast 27.5, Kona Mahuna 29
- Rockshox Forks with lockout
- Shimano Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- 1×10 or 3×9 Gears (Shimano)
- Comfortable Contact Points (Saddle & Handlebar Grips)
- Easy Riding Position
For more information about bike hire and how to hire a mountain bike, please send us an email or phone us on 07388 690513.
If you can book a day or so in advance it would be very helpful.
Why not book a MTB Skills Course or a Guided Ride too?
Bike Hire / Rental rates (per day) 2020:
- £25.00 per day – Adults
- £15.00 per day – Kid bikes (Kona and Specialized)
- 10% discount for groups of 6 or more
- We have a range of bikes to suit riders from 4′ 7″ (140cm) up to 6’2″ (180cm)
How to hire a bike:
- Get in touch via phone (07388 690513) or email to book, the more notice the better. We’ll need the height of each rider to specify the correct bikes.
- We will drop your bikes off within 10 miles of Dolgellau, North Wales and then collect them at the end of the bike hire. (We can deliver further for a small fee)
- You will need some form of photo ID (Drivers Licence, Passport) which we’ll keep for the duration of the bike hire.
- We take full payment in advance for the hire of bikes, refundable up to 7 days prior to hire – except for a £10 admin fee.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Do you have child seats, trailers or tag-along bikes? – No, sorry.
- Do you hire for half a day? – No sorry.
- What if we are further away from Dolgellau than 10 miles? – Please phone us to discuss – we can usually deliver at a small extra cost.
- Is there a discount if we want bikes for more than one day? – Yes 10%, of the total hire for 3 or more days.
- Do you provide helmets and tools? Yes, helmets, bottles, pump, tyre levers and spare tubes are included in the hire.
- Do you have road bikes to hire? Not at the moment, we only hire mountain bikes.
- What towns are close to you? Dolgellau, Machynlleth, Tywyn, Aberdyfi.
Whilst hiring our bikes and equipment, we ask that you take good care of them as you will be asked to pay for any damage caused, be it accidental or otherwise.
Terms and conditions of bike hire to groups inc OEC’s and other organisations inc. trailer usage/hire.
Theft insurance – Whilst using our bikes and/or trailer at your own venue or off site venues, you are responsible for insuring the bikes and/or trailer against theft on an old for new basis whilst in your care.
Damages – You are responsible for keeping the bikes, helmets and/or trailer in good condition, that means if any damage is incurred whilst you are using them you will be charged for the repairs or replacement (which ever is cheaper). This includes damage not only to components e.g. gears, wheels etc, but also damage to the frames including scratches and dents. This applies to the trailer as well, so damage to wheels, suspension, chassis, lights etc.